Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Exodus from Zion

I have been in Salt Lake City for the past few days for a trade show. The video project I was working on came together at the last moment. It took about three hours for the final video to render together and I had to render it three times to fix various problems I found. M had the awesome idea of ditching the kids at a babysitter's and watch a movie at my work. (We have a pretty decent media room and it's fun to watch movies on the big screen.) I was able to keep working and spend time with M before I left town. We watched Stardust. If you have not seen this movie, you have to see it. It was actually really good!

The trade show went well. Everyone was pretty impressed with our new booth. I also had some time to visit Temple Square. I saw the new Joseph Smith movie in the Legacy Theater. I also met up with my sister and her family and spent some time walking around Temple Square with them. So, it was a pretty good trip, but I am glad to be home.

We were finally able to pull out The Girl's loose tooth! She had been working on her tooth the whole time I was gone, but it still didn't feel quite loose enough. I was wrestling with The Boy when I got home from work today and The Girl jumped on my back banged her mouth on the back of my head. That loosened the tooth up enough so we were ready to pull it out. I was about to use the multi-tool again, but she wasn't so brave tonight. (It worked last time!) We tied some floss around the tooth and out it came. Now The Girl is missing two front teeth. It's pretty cute.

M was nice enough to take us to Maggie Moo's tonight. I like the Maggie Moo's because they have lactose free ice cream. Always a good treat. The Boy is also allergic to milk so now I have someone to share with. It was a great treat after a long couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Shannon B said...

Welcome home BUDDY!! Aaron was wondering if you were home yet! He misses having a life and friends etc. ya know! I am glad you had fun on your trip!!! I bet Emmy is glad you are back!!!